Thursday 20 June
Powered by Ajaxy
Mar 21, 2019 @ 9:24

Gov’t starts demolition of Boracay Plaza Beach Resort, says DENR

The Boracay Inter-Agency Task Force (BIATF), led by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), has carried out the demolition work of structures belonging to Boracay Plaza Beach Resort for violating the 30-meter easement rule.

According to DENR, Boracay Plaza Beach Resort and several other establishments were given 15 days ultimatum to self-demolish for encroaching on the shoreline easement zone.

All other establishments responded positively to the ultimatum issued by BIATF, except for Boracay Plaza, which is owned by a certain Anita Aguirre. The resort has structures built on approximately 1,000 square meters of land within the easement zone.

“Erring establishments had already been given more than enough time to shape up since the closure,” Environment Secretary Roy Cimatu said.

“It would be unfair to those who voluntarily demolished and complied with the easement rule if we will not enforce the law to those who did not,” he added.

Aside from violating the easement rule, Boracay Plaza was also found to be operating without the required permits.

Boracay Plaza had been issued three orders to vacate and self-demolish its structure since April 26 last year when the island was ordered closed for six months to pave the way for much-needed rehabilitation. The owner defied all three orders.



 

Trending News

Recommended on sister sites

Copyright © 2019 Food Evolution - foodevolution.com.ph. TechCellar.com